L-Soft's LISTSERV® Maestro to Serve Small and Medium-Sized Organizations
Cost-effective e-mail marketing software now available in new licensing options
Bethesda, MD (September 10, 2002) – L-Soft announced today that it has released three limited-capacity packages of its LISTSERV® Maestro e-mail marketing software in order to serve customers with more modest needs.
"These smaller-capacity but full-featured LISTSERV Maestro packages will offer today's growing businesses with the same opportunities that larger organizations already enjoy," said Eric Thomas, L-Soft CEO. "Clients who implement one of the new limited-capacity packages can later upgrade to the larger packages as their e-mail marketing platform expands."
LISTSERV Maestro is an easy-to-use Web-based e-mail marketing tool that allows marketers to send opt-in e-mail campaigns and analyze the success of their endeavors. In addition to the original unlimited-capacity license, LISTSERV Maestro is now available in tiered sizes: Small (5,000 daily recipients), Medium (20,000) and Large (100,000). Pricing for the Small license starts at $8,261 for corporate customers.
InformIT, a subsidiary of Pearson Education (NYSE: PSO) that provides an online resource for technology information, is implementing LISTSERV Maestro in order to deliver the more than 20 newsletters it produces weekly.
"LISTSERV Maestro will be a huge money-saver for us as it will cut down time, and therefore manpower costs, particularly in the development and approval stages," said David Bastian, InformIT Senior Manager of IT Systems. "We estimate that we will save around $200,000 annually."
"The great thing is that Maestro is so easy to use for non-technical people," Bastian said. "Our publishers can now handle their own creation, review and prototype without burdening technical resources. LISTSERV Maestro is very intuitive and accomplishes everything as expected. It was clear to see how it would fit in."
LISTSERV Maestro 1.0c includes the following enhancements:
- Multiple License Sizes: Small (5,000 daily recipients), Medium (20,000), Large (100,000) and Unlimited.
- Translation Kits: Customers can translate the LISTSERV Maestro interface into foreign languages or their own organizational jargon.
- Additional Support of Databases: MySQL and DB2 database support has been improved.
- Follow-Up Messages: LISTSERV Maestro can send subsequent messages to those who clicked on links in the original e-mail.
- Support for User Interface Customization: Organizations can place company logos or other graphics on the LISTSERV Maestro interface.
- Statistical Software Compatibility: Tracking data can now be imported into third-party statistical software packages for further analysis.
- Web Analysis Software Compatibility: LISTSERV Maestro can include new parameters in the tracking URL, which allows third-party Web traffic software to analyze the path that recipients take throughout the site.
- Multiple Tracking URL Support: Unlike competing products, trackable URLs can be set to appear to recipients as, for example, marketing.yourcompany.com. There is no evidence that companies are using a third party to conduct tracking activities.
L-Soft develops and sells software and outsourcing services for managing e-mail newsletters, discussion groups and marketing campaigns. Founded in 1994, L-Soft has been instrumental in the proliferation of e-mail marketing due to the popularity of its flagship software, LISTSERV. Since then, L-Soft has expanded its portfolio of products and services to include e-mail delivery, outsourcing and consulting services.
Recognized in 2001 as Maryland's 23rd fastest-growing technology company by Deloitte & Touche, L-Soft offers products that deliver more than 35 million messages a day to about 140 million list subscriptions. With offices in the U.S. and Europe, the company serves more than 2,500 customers across the globe including AOL, British Airways, Microsoft, The Wall Street Journal, Bell Canada and Lifetime TV.
InformIT is an online resource for computer users in search of valuable and up-to-date technology information. InformIT is a subsidiary of Pearson Education (NYSE: PSO), the world's leading publisher of education books. Our content partners, also members of the Pearson Education family, include: Addison-Wesley Professional, Cisco Press, New Riders, Peachpit, Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference, Que, and Sams.
L-Soft Press Contact
Susan Brown Faghani
LISTSERV is a registered trademark licensed to L-Soft international, Inc.
All other trademarks, both marked and unmarked, are the property of their respective owners.
See Guidelines for Proper Usage of the LISTSERV Trademark for more details.