At L-Soft, we are committed to the protection of your privacy and personal data. As a subscriber of our email lists, visitor to our website, or customer of our products and services, you decide what information to give us. Any information that you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the legal regulations of data protection and electronic communication.
In accordance with our corporate policy, L-Soft pledges that it will never release, sell or trade your personal information without your consent. An exception must be made if we are required to do so by law or in the unlikely event of a sale of the business or transfer of assets.
The information that we gather falls into two categories:
- Personally Identifiable Information: Personally identifiable information is any kind of information about a specific user, including name, email address and company. L-Soft only collects personally identifiable information that you explicitly give us.
Our privacy policies provide important disclosures and details regarding our usage of your information.
L-Soft has always been a strong advocate of permission-based email list communication. Our email list management software LISTSERV® has supported the opt-in function since 1986. In 1993, LISTSERV became the first software to introduce double opt-in, now an industry standard for email list subscriptions, which requires subscribers to respond to an email confirmation before being subscribed to a list. LISTSERV was also the first software in the industry with a spam filter and built-in virus protection. Our products are designed to put users in control of their own personal information.
L-Soft collects personally identifiable information to serve email list subscribers in the most effective and efficient manner possible:
- Opt-In: If you sign up to receive L-Soft email announcements or newsletters, we will use the information that you give us to provide the service that you have requested. The personal information that you provide will only be held for as long as you remain subscribed to the email lists. L-Soft issues subscriptions and collects your personally identifiable information according to a double opt-in policy.
- Opt-Out: All of L-Soft's corporate announcement list messages include an unsubscribe option at the end of the message. If you inform us that you wish to cancel a subscription, we will promptly remove you from our mailing list, and your personal details will be deleted from our records.
- Information Collected: Information collected may include your full name, email address, country and other information depending on your preference for a specific service. L-Soft communications are in plain text or HTML format (with images). When you sign up to receive email from us, you can select either of them. If you select the HTML format, the email may include a one-pixel gif to determine whether or not readers viewed the email. This process does not leave any information on your computer, nor does it collect information from your computer.
L-Soft complies fully with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and EU Directive 2002/58/CE on Privacy and Electronic Communications. For more detailed information on data protection regulations, please see the legal framework section.
As is standard practice on many websites, L-Soft logs non-personally identifiable information about site visitors to analyze website traffic. This information is not routinely tracked to individual site visitors. It is only viewed and analyzed in aggregate form except in special cases, such as responding to Internet-based attacks.
- IP Address: An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a TCP/IP network. L-Soft logs IP addresses to analyze traffic and improve the content of the website. L-Soft does not routinely track IP addresses to individual users. In special cases, such as responding to Internet-based attacks or troubleshooting customer or subscriber problems, logs for web and other Internet services may be used to track the particular IP addresses that are involved in the incident.
- Web Forms: Web forms are used on the L-Soft website as a mechanism for site visitors to contact L-Soft. The web forms collect information, including name, email address and company name. This information is only used to answer and follow up on the request and is not shared with any third party unless explicitly mentioned.
- Purchases: If you purchase an L-Soft product or service, L-Soft will require you to provide appropriate data to fulfill the legal requirements on commercial transactions.
- Inquiries and Support: If you send an inquiry or support request by email to a specific contact at L-Soft, it may not always be possible for this contact to provide the information requested. In such circumstances, we may pass your inquiry to another recipient who can fulfill your information request.
L-Soft welcomes your comments regarding these privacy statements. If you would like to know what L-Soft email lists you are subscribed to or to submit questions or comments, feel free to contact us at: email@example.com. Your feedback will help us improve our service to our customers.
LISTSERV is a registered trademark licensed to L-Soft international, Inc.
See Guidelines for Proper Usage of the LISTSERV Trademark for more details.
All other trademarks, both marked and unmarked, are the property of their respective owners.